We gather together in spiritual community because we need constant reminders of what matters most in life. In a world of heartbreak and dehumanization, our congregations and communities call us to our better selves. We learn to live with more wisdom, more connection, and more compassion.
Our Worship Services are weekly reflections that weave together our own thoughts and experiences with music, beauty, poetry, and words that both comfort and challenge. Our programs for all ages inspire us, and awaken us to our capacities to make a difference in our own lives and in the world.
Our Sunday Services begin at 10:30 a.m. and last about an hour. Every service is followed by a social hour of friendly conversation and light snacks in our Pavilion. Every First Sunday of the month there is a free potluck lunch offered to all attendees.
The Worship Committee helps to plan and carry out Sunday Worship Services. The committee is open to any person who is interested in planning Worship, including folks who prefer to work “behind the scenes.” The committee does the following:
- Meets once a month (third Monday of each month)
- Assists the minister during Sunday services
- Assists in planning the year’s Worship Schedule
- Finds guest speakers for Sundays when the minister is not in pulpit
- Interfaces with the Religious Education Director, Choir Director, and guest speakers in planning services
Contacts: Marsha Smith (818-626-9053; email@example.com).