2016-17 Religious Education Volunteer Sign-Ups!
Here’s a link to the sign-up page: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090c4da5a72da6fc1-201617
Teacher training will be on Saturday, September 10th–mark your calendars!
The high-quality Religious Education program that Emerson offers takes between 20-30 volunteers over the course of the year to function; thank you for your willingness to be a part of that team!
- Most volunteers spend one Sunday per month in the classroom, although some sign up for two–which significantly increases the childrens’ sense of continuity, consistency, comfort, and familiarity from week to week. (THANK YOU, twice-a-month volunteers!)
- If you would like to lead twice, assist twice, or lead once and assist once per month, you are an amazing human being. Please go through the form twice and add your name in both locations, to help us keep track of which classes are covered.
- This year, for the first time, we’re trying “semesters”: since life can change a lot between September and June, we’re asking for volunteers to sign up for just five months–September to January, or February to June. Of course, you are welcome to teach all year (of course!!) but if you have conflicts this fall, or just aren’t sure yet, we’ll be recruiting again and offering another volunteer orientation in January.
- Meaning: this sign-up indicates your interest in teaching or assisting in an RE class at least one Sunday a month, from September through January. If your intention is to teach all year, you can indicate that under the “comments” section, and I will be slightly less anxious about teacher recruitment in January.
- This sign up does not guarantee that you will be placed in a classroom; all interested volunteers and assistants must complete our screening form and consent to a background check.
Thank you for your commitment to the safety and spiritual nurturing of our congregation’s children and youth!
Director, Religious Education